Warranty Information For Current Habitat for Humanity Tucson Homeowners
LIMITED WARRANTY INFORMATION
Your Limited Warranty
- Limited Warranty – Section 15 k (page 7) of your purchase contract
- 2 years for structures, mechanical, electrical (installation/workmanship)
- An outside subcontractor may warrant some items (Heat & AC)
- Appliances (such as fridge and stove) are warrantied by the manufacturer
* Complete ownership registration as provided to register appliances in your name (in kitchen drawer)
Items not covered or exclusions are “operator error,” accidents, regular wear and tear, or modification of any item altering the original item or installation done afterward.
➤ Non-Emergency Warranty Issues
For non-emergency Warranty Service Order Requests –
- Email: email@example.com
- Examples: Faucet or small under sink leak,
Closet door sticks, Termites
- Identify yourself: First name, last name, address and phone number and preferred language
- Provide a detailed description of the item or issue in need of repair
- Mitigate (minimize) the damage if possible yourself by placing a bucket under a leak, turning off the water or appliance when possible
- Emails are returned within 24 hours during normal business hours, excluding weekends and holidays
- Hours of Operation, Monday – Saturday 6am to 2pm
➤ EMERGENCY WARRANTY PHONE NUMBER
- In the event of a true emergency call 520-276-3135 and leave your name, address and specific reason for your call, should the call go to voicemail
- Emergencies: Air Conditioner or Heater fails, House is flooding, Roof leaks, No Utilities
- Do not hire a contractor yourself, as you will be responsible for payment – even if they are contracted with Habitat.
- Orders must come from Habitat TUCSON.
You can call any licensed, insured general contractor for most repairs.
After 2-years THE HOMEOWNER is responsible for all repairs/deferred maintenance, if ignored, may diminish the value of the home.
- Habitat will not make any repairs or recommendations after the 2-year warranty has expired.
Every homebuyer attends the Maintenance Class and is issued the attached binder. The final page 34 has instructions.