Sonoran Desert Village
Looking to deepen your understanding of a new culture while building relationships and safe housing for children and vulnerable populations? Then join this Sonoran Desert Village trip to Tucson this fall! #volunteer #travel
Celebrate our 40th Anniversary by building homes & hope in Tucson!
You are invited to join Habitat for Humanity Tucson’s special build celebrating our 40th anniversary of building homes, community, and hope in Southern Arizona!
Sonoran Desert Village will center around four days of building homes in the heart of the Flowing Wells neighborhood. The primary challenge to the Flowing Wells neighborhood is ongoing poverty, with over 25% of residents living below the poverty line. Working to combat the housing crisis in Flowing Wells alongside a committed group of neighbors and residents, you will build change from the ground up. Not only will we explore the city of Tucson, but we will also experience the U.S./Mexico border firsthand, including a visit to Sonora, Mexico* (optional).
Discover your role in our global community, how compassion and justice ripple outwards, and how every one of us deserves a safe place to call home.
By participating you will:
- Build strength, stability, self-reliance, and shelter in Tucson
- Discover what gives you a sense of place and what we, border-dwellers, consider ours
- Learn firsthand how Habitat Tucson is serving vulnerable families in the Flowing Wells neighborhood
- Network with leaders from across the country that are committed to this urgent work
- Invest in Habitat’s worldwide mission of providing safe, affordable, and empowering housing for low-income people and families—one hammer and nail at a time.
Welcome to the city of gastronomy!
Tucson is known for ‘the best 23 miles of Mexican food North of the border.’ From chiltepin-infused cold brew coffee to kick-start the day, to a punchy magenta prickly pear margarita for happy hour, to ice cream made with honey from the Sonoran Desert, take a bite out of Tucson!
Invest in Habitat’s worldwide mission of providing safe, affordable, and empowering housing for low-income people and families—one hammer and nail at a time.
Program Cost: $1800
This cost includes:
- An 8-night stay at Westward Look Resort, your private oasis in a historic district of Tucson, with breathtaking views of the Sonoran Desert landscape
- Meals that explore the Southwestern flavors of Tucson, and celebrate our region’s rich agricultural heritage, thriving food traditions, and culinary distinctiveness
- Cultural activities and community visits that give you a first-hand, authentic Tucson experience
- Professional construction support as you build safe and stable homes in local Southwest neighborhoods alongside Habitat homebuyers
- Transportation upon arrival at Westward Look Resort
- Program donation
The trip cost does not include airfare, R&R activities, transportation to and from the airport, resort activities, or visa and exit fees (where applicable). Habitat Tucson will not incur responsibility for items that are lost, stolen, or damaged.
Questions? Please Contact Us Below & We Will Get Back to You Shortly
Habitat for Humanity Tucson is a 501(c)3 non-profit registered in the state of Arizona