The Home Repair Program helps low-income homeowners restore and maintain their homes.
Habitat partners with homeowners to alleviate critical health and safety issues and complete needed home improvement projects. Read a home repair story here.
We accept applications and reach out to partner with neighborhood organizations to identify low-income residents whose homes are in need of repair — individuals, seniors, people with disabilities, U.S. veterans, multi-generational households and single-parent families. Habitat is an equal housing opportunity provider.
We are not an emergency repairs program. If you are in need of immediate assistance with repairs, please contact an emergency repairs organization in your area.
Critical home repairs benefit the family living in the home, the neighborhood where they live, and our entire community.
- Ensures families are living in safe and well maintained homes
- Prevents families from being displaced from their homes and forced into transitional housing or shelters
- Protects families’ financial investments
- Restores the homeowners’ dignity and pride of homeownership
Minor home repairs help families with projects that restore dignity through appearance upgrades and other exterior repairs.
- Revitalizes neighborhoods
- Preserves the history and culture of neighborhoods while implementing sustainable improvements
- Inspires neighborhood inhabitants to reinvest in their communities
If you are in need of critical home repairs, please click here to learn more about guidelines and how the application process.
Habitat for Humanity Tucson partners with local limited-income homeowners who are in need of repair or maintenance on their homes. Individuals and families are selected based on:
→ Willingness to Partner
→ Demonstrated Need
→ Income Level
Habitat Tucson offers a hand up, not a handout. Selected partners will work side-by-side with Habitat staff and volunteers. Accommodations are made for those unable to physically work. The home repair program ensures our neighbors live in safe, decent homes and restores dignity and hope to the community.
Partners repay a portion of the cost of materials based on a sliding scale and ability.
Questions about Home Repair?
Please contact our Home Repair Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org.