Since our beginning, Habitat has been built on a foundation of faith. Our mission is to build safe, affordable housing with people in the United States and around the world, and that comes from a desire to put God’s love into action.
Faith Leaders both lay and ordained are invited to Habitat Tucson’s annual Faith Leaders Breakfast. Learn about the cause of shelter in our community and around the world. Save the date for 2021!
Habitat for Humanity offers concrete ways for people of all faiths to love and serve their neighbors.
BENEFITS OF PARTNERING WITH HABITAT FOR HUMANITY
• Strengthening your own faith and spiritual lives as you empower others through shelter.
• Attracting and engaging new people to become a part of your faith community.
• Serving as a catalyst for excitement about serving in your community and around the world.
• Tailoring projects to your group — students, singles, small groups or an entire community.
• Building or repairing homes in your community and around the world.
Building on Faith. Each year, faith-based communities from in and around Tucson come together to build a home for a local family. This home is built on faith. In addition to volunteering, many of the faith-based communities sponsor the home as well.
If you are interested in becoming a part of the current build, please see below.
Volunteer as a group
We welcome individuals and groups from all walks of life to join us on the build site. Get your faith community involved.
Once the home begins construction, individual volunteers can sign up online.
Faith Build Sponsors
To participate in the Faith Build as a home sponsor, please contact email@example.com.
Please contact us for information on other ways your faith community can get involved in the mission. From providing lunches, hosting homeowner information sessions, giving home blessings, coordinating volunteer groups to global village trips there are so many ways to make a difference.