Everyone deserves a decent place to live and everyone can do something today to make that possible for another family in Tucson.
FAMILY PARTNERS ARE A CRITICAL PART OF HABITAT’S “HAND UP” PHILOSOPHY.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a family partner with Habitat Tucson!
Family partners mentor Habitat families on their journey towards homeownership. They provide consistent, frequent contact with the home buyer family to prepare families to become strong, stable, and self-reliant homeowners.
They guide families in maintaining current and future financial obligations, support them in achieving sweat equity hours, provide their family with other community resources as needed, and present the keys to the partner family during their home dedication.
“One of the reasons why I love volunteering with Habitat is not only because of their commitment to affordable housing but it’s because they give people the tools necessary to completely the process,” says Adriana.
“You get financial literary courses, you learn how to save, but you also do sweat equity hours. So in that you not only build your home, but your neighbors’ homes, and in that you build community. And I think that’s one of the most beautiful parts of the process.”
Mentor Habitat families on their journey towards homeownership.
- Provide consistent, frequentcontact with the home buyer family
- Assist partner family in preparingtheir budget
- Work on behalf of families fromdiverse backgrounds
- Prepare families to become strong,stable and self-reliant homeowners
- Only takes 2-6 hours a month!
- Requires: quick background check, volunteer orientation, and short 1.5 hour training session