Habitat Tucson's response to COVID-19
UPDATED — January 11, 2022
We understand Arizona has lifted some restrictions. Because of the health, safety and comfort of our volunteers, staff, and the people we serve —we are still requiring masks to be worn indoors.
We will continue to require masks while indoors at the Habitat Tucson Office, Construction Site, & HabiStore. We support the recommendations of the CDC and public health officials, adhering to the safe practices of mask-wearing along with social distancing. We know this decision is in the best interests of our staff, volunteers and those we serve and continues our part in the mitigation of and the protection against the spread of COVID-19.
We are truly grateful for all your patience and unwavering support during this difficult time.
Please read below for specifics.
A message from our CEO, T. VanHook, on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us, and we want to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience at Habitat Tucson.
We are actively monitoring the situation from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control. As this unfolds, additional updates will be shared with you on a timely basis. Thank you for your continued support of our mission.
Thank you again for helping families in our community achieve their dreams of safe, decent housing.
During this time, I ask that if you had intended to give to Habitat Tucson – if you intended to volunteer, to visit the HabiStore, or to donate – that you show your support with a donation now, to keep us building a better city as we face down this pandemic.
The families we seek to serve are already vulnerable; many of them in positions at the forefront of the crisis, health care workers, civil servants, service sector employees; those to whom a missed paycheck can mean catastrophe.
Please remember to follow recommended health and hygiene protocols and seek up-to-date information on the status of the outbreak, and health resources available to you and your family.
T. VanHook, CEO
Habitat for Humanity Tucson
Please check this page for the latest updates on our COVID-19 response plan and precautions.
- Effective June 2020, we have transitioned to virtual homebuyer information sessions. Please sign up online at www.habitattucson.org/own
- Until further notice, all Homeownership Program classes will be held online or will be postponed. A member of the Homeownership Team will contact program participants with more information.
- Current Habitat Tucson homeowners who incur financial hardships during this time and are concerned about making their mortgage payments are encouraged to reach out to Tina Hoffmann, Homeownership Services Director, at email@example.com or 520-497-2392.
- COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC) INFORMATION AND REFERRALS: If you need assistance finding food, accessing childcare, or other essential services, dial 211, search on the homepage of 211Arizona.com or download the 211 Arizona app. https://211arizona.org/covid-19/
As of July 1, 2021.
The safety of our volunteers is our first priority. Our build site is currently open to up to 30 volunteers per site per day. There is a limit of 10 per volunteer groups. All volunteers and group volunteers are required to register online prior to volunteering. Please read our Guidelines for Volunteers (Link). We encourage all volunteers to wear masks, proper PPE, and adhere to our volunteer guidelines as well as social distancing guidelines. Our sites have taken increased precautions including sanitizing stations, handwashing stations, signage, increasing PPE, as well as procedures to minimize exposure and sharing of materials. Please direct any questions to our volunteer manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
—If you have close contact with a person who has a confirmed positive case of COVID-19, we will be asking you to quarantine. If you have no symptoms the quarantine will be 7 or 10 days, the 7 days are dependent on a negative test.
The CDC is now recommending quarantine after travel. To continue compliance with CDC and for the safety of all employees, volunteers, partners and patrons and those we serve we will be enforcing these recommendations. If you travel, we will use the optional reduced CDC recommendation of 7 days quarantine if testing negative, and 10 days with no testing.
CDC doesn’t define travel. For clarity, we are defining travel as using any type of public transportation (flying, bus, train…) OR travel that includes an overnight stay at a location where you will be in close contact with persons outside of your normal household.
Please continue to check the Volunteer page of our website for the most up to date information.
To reschedule an existing volunteer day, group build, company or corporate volunteer day contact Gina Hansen, Volunteer Manager at email@example.com.
All upcoming events are currently being postponed or canceled.
For future events where we partner with other organizations, we will take our lead from CDC guidelines and critical need, and cancel or postpone once the organizers have made the decision for the event itself. If you have questions about any other Habitat Tucson events, please contact our outreach team for more information. We are currently suspending any non-mission critical actions.
The Equitable Development & Cost of Home Forum is postponed. Everyone currently on the mailing list will receive an updated invitation, after we receive clearance from appropriate authorities. Contact Ann at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or concerns.
HabiStore at 935 W. Grant Road
UPDATE July 1, 2021, Habitat for Humanity Tucson’s HabiStore is open Monday-Saturday from 9:00 am – 5:00 pm with increased precautions. We encourage customers to wear masks to protect you, our volunteers, and our staff. We have sanitizing hand stations, new social distancing signs, and shields at our registers. We encourage everyone to use debit or credit cards only, but we still accept cash. We are encouraging Online Shopping with curbside pickup if possible. NEW!!! Our Online Store is Open.
For other questions about the HabiStore, email email@example.com.
OFFICE / MOUNTAIN AVE.
Headquarters at 3501 N. Mountain Ave.
- UPDATE JUNE 19, 2020, the Habitat Tucson office at 3501 N. Mountain Ave. will be closed to the general public.
- All community meeting in our Community Room will be canceled.
- All meetings and other inquires will be held over the phone or by video conference. If you have a meeting planned with a Habitat Tucson staff member and have not been contacted about rescheduling, please reach us by phone or email before coming to the office. If you have questions about this policy or are unsure who to contact, please call us at 520-326-1217 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.