Habitat Tucson's response to COVID-19
UPDATED — MARCH 17, 3:00 PM
Beginning Wednesday, March 18, Habitat for Humanity Tucson will close our Tucson office (with office staff working remotely), the HabiStore, and all volunteer construction, home repair, and A Brush with Kindness sites.
A message from our CEO, T. VanHook, on the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
Your health and safety are of the utmost importance to us, and we want to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable experience at Habitat Tucson.
We are actively monitoring the situation from the World Health Organization and Centers for Disease Control. As this unfolds, additional updates will be shared with you on a timely basis. Thank you for your continued support of our mission.
Thank you again for helping families in our community achieve their dreams of safe, decent housing.
During this time, I ask that if you had intended to give to Habitat Tucson – if you intended to volunteer, to visit the HabiStore, or to donate – that you show your support with a donation now, to keep us building a better city as we face down this pandemic.
The families we seek to serve are already vulnerable; many of them in positions at the forefront of the crisis, health care workers, civil servants, service sector employees; those to whom a missed paycheck can mean catastrophe.
Please remember to follow recommended health and hygiene protocols and seek up-to-date information on the status of the outbreak, and health resources available to you and your family.
T. VanHook, CEO
Habitat for Humanity Tucson
Please check this page for the latest updates on our COVID-19 response plan and precautions.
- Effective March 18, we are not accepting applications. Individuals and families interested in applying should call 520-326-1217 ext. 202 or to be added to our contact list for the next round of information sessions and applications.
- The homebuyer construction class on 3/23 is canceled. We will reschedule that class and.
- Until further notice, all Homeownership Program classes will be held online or will be postponed. A member of the Homeownership Team will contact program participants with more information.
- Current Habitat Tucson homeowners who incur financial hardships during this time and are concerned about making their mortgage payments are encouraged to reach out to Tina Hoffmann, Homeownership Services Director, at email@example.com or 520-326-1217 ext. 202.
Our build sites are currently closed to volunteers.
We are constantly evaluating the situation, in the hopes that volunteer sites will open on April 4th. Please continue to check the Volunteer page of our website for the most up to date information.
To reschedule an existing volunteer day, group build, company or corporate volunteer day contact Gina Hansen, Volunteer Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All upcoming events are currently being postponed or canceled.
For future events where we partner with other organizations, we will take our lead from CDC guidelines and critical need, and cancel or postpone once the organizers have made the decision for the event itself. If you have questions about any other Habitat Tucson events, please contact our outreach team for more information. We are currently suspending any non-mission critical actions.
The Equitable Development & Cost of Home Forum is postponed. Everyone currently on the mailing list will receive an updated invitation, after we receive clearance from appropriate authorities. Contact Ann at email@example.com for any questions or concerns.
HabiStore at 935 W. Grant Road
For other questions about the HabiStore, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFFICE / MOUNTAIN AVE.
Headquarters at 3501 N. Mountain Ave.
- Effective March 18 through April 20, 2020, the Habitat Tucson office at 3501 N. Mountain Ave. will be closed to the general public.
- All community meeting in our Community Room will be canceled.
- All meetings and other inquires will be held over the phone or by video conference. If you have a meeting planned with a Habitat Tucson staff member and have not been contacted about rescheduling, please reach us by phone or email before coming to the office. If you have questions about this policy or are unsure who to contact, please call us at 520-326-1217 or email us at email@example.com.