When women come together, our ability to effect change in the community is incredible!
Unfortunately, women are 35% more likely to live in poverty than men, with single mothers facing the highest risk. That’s why Women Build is so vitally important.
For over 20 years, Women Build has supported equality for all women, a strong sense of self and confidence, and empowering women to achieve economic independence.
Currently, in Habitat Tucson’s homebuyer cohort of 11 families, 8 homebuyers are single moms.
Habitat Tucson’s 250 Women Builders is a giving circle of women leaders who advocate for equitable opportunity and believe that every mother deserves a safe decent home for her family. The 250 Women Builders give $250 or more annually to support single moms. As part of this movement, you can ensure that all Habitat Tucson single moms have a strong foundation.
The 250 Women Builders will:
- Receive early registration access for Women Build
- Be recognized as part of the 250 Women Builders giving circle
- Receive special communications about single-mom homebuyers
- Receive invitations to Women Build home dedications
- and be invited to a private celebration in 2023.
Join us in our efforts to empower women and fight for equitable opportunity. Let’s celebrate Tucson women by building one another up as we build up our community, home by home.