I pledge to help build the Beloved Community.
- I pledge to help build the beloved community.
- I believe that every single one of us — regardless of who we are or where we come from — deserves a decent life.
- Like Dr. King, I believe in a beloved community of justice, equal opportunity and love of my fellow human beings.
- I want to help build a world that leaves no room for poverty, prejudice or violence.
- I pledge to work together with my neighbors, side by side, to create strength, stability and self-reliance for all.
- I ask others to join me — it’s up to us to make this a reality.
In 2018, as we mark the 50th anniversaries of Dr. King’s tragic death and the passage of the Fair Housing Act just days later, Habitat Tucson, in partnership with the Tucson Urban League, promises to work harder than ever to help make the beloved community a reality. We will build a safe and stable home in Dr. King’s honor and perform neighborhood improvement projects to further the mission of the King Center, which is to engage in educational and social change for positive social impact. We will also work with local faith communities to foster open and robust dialogue around fair housing to strengthen the progressive outcomes of the Fair Housing Act.” Read more