Internship Opportunities for students at the Habitat for Humanity Tucson HabiStore.
Habitat for Humanity Tucson is a non-profit focused on the affordable housing crisis. People in our community and all over the world partner with Habitat for Humanity to build or improve a place they can call home. Decent shelter is something we all need to thrive. We build vibrant communities that make residents proud to call Arizona home.
As a Habitat for Humanity intern, you will assist with the day to day operations of the HabiStore volunteer program. This includes but is not limited to responding to volunteer needs and concerns as they arise, coordinating communication between volunteers, customers and staff, assisting the Marketing Department through HabiStore photos and stories for social media efforts, maintaining a peer nominated appreciation system, scheduling and capturing volunteer hours through Cervis, assisting the Development Department when HabiStore specific funding opportunities arise, developing content for instore outreach efforts, sourcing additional volunteer pools, and training and placing new volunteers. This is an unpaid internship in which the Intern will undertake for practical working knowledge.
What you will learn/gain:
- Hands on volunteer management experience covering the three “R’s” of volunteering (recruitment, retention, and recognition)
- Project management experience; including how to meet daily, weekly and long-term deadlines in a unique environment
- Experience using Cervis for volunteer coordination efforts
- Experience working and communicating directly with a mid-size non-profit team
- Exposure to many locally owned businesses, non-profits and organizations in Arizona
What we require
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (particularly Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Quality verbal communication (small and large group settings) as well as written communication (web, email, newsletters)
- Ability to process and implement creative feedback
- Ability to work with diverse groups and people
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- A willing team member with strong interpersonal skills
*Not required but a bonus:
- Previous volunteer experience
- Ability to translate copy into Spanish
- A gregarious personality
- An interest the non-profit sector
The Volunteer Resources Coordinator Intern will report to and be supervised by the HabiStore Volunteer Resources Coordinator.
Application deadline: ASAP, this is an unpaid position. Upon completion of internship in good standing, intern will receive a letter of recommendation.
Interested? Please email your resume to email@example.com.
Habitat for Humanity may also have additional internship opportunities. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The HabiStore also has volunteer opportunities.
Learn more about Habitat for Humanity Tucson.