Here are seven tips to help you make the most of your visit to the HabiStore – whether you are a first-time visitor to the HabiStore or a seasoned thrift shopper!
7 tips to finding that perfect piece at the HabiStore!
- Measure – Know how much space you have in your home for a new piece of furniture or large appliance. There’s no bigger frustration than buying a great, new addition to your living space and finding out it doesn’t fit. Know before you go.
- Have a plan – When you walk into the HabiStore for the first time, the amount of inventory might overwhelm you. Walking through the rows of dressers and the numerous options for new stoves and appliances might make you forget what you really came in the store for – so next time you head our way, know what your looking for, find it first and then explore the other amazing offers we have in stock!
- Compare prices for similar items at retail stores – You will often find high-quality furniture and home goods at the HabiStore. By knowing what a similar piece would sell for at a Sam Levitz or Ikea, you will be thrilled to see that our prices are 50 – 70% off of their full-price counterparts.
- Come prepared – If you know you’re looking to buy a large item – a couch, hutch, fridge, etc. – make sure you have a plan to get it home. As a nonprofit store, the HabiStore is unable to deliver.
- Keep coming back – The HabiStore’s inventory is constantly changing. Keep checking back to find new treasures! And check out our Facebook page for deals and updates on what’s in stock!
- Repurpose and upcycle! – Don’t let the small details convince you not to buy it – you can change almost anything to fit your design needs. Those goofy looking doorknobs or funky lampshades can be swapped out or painted to turn your piece into a unique item perfectly suited to fit into your home. Check out our Pinterest page for inspiration!
- One item in, one item out! – Okay, so now you’ve found that perfect piece but need to declutter a little to make it pop in your living space. Donate your older, gently used items back to the HabiStore! Your donations support home building and repair efforts in Southern Arizona. Large items? We offer free pickup!
About the HabiStore: The HabiStore is an amazing resource for our community. It sells gently used building materials and appliances, furniture, art, and architectural elements. Open to the public six days a week, the store is proudly owned and operated by Habitat for Humanity Tucson, and proceeds are used to build and repair homes in partnership with families in the greater Tucson area.