The goal of Habitat for Humanity Tucson’s Home Energy Plus program is to help make older homes more energy efficient.
Qualifying homeowners can receive up to $2,500 in energy efficient upgrades which can help lower utility costs and make homes safer, more comfortable places to live!
- Weather stripping and caulking around doors
- Repairing weather stripping exterior doors
- Providing solar screens for west and south facing windows
- Installing additional attic insulation
- Replacing 10 year or older water heaters and/or refrigerators
- Installation of energy efficient light bulbs, low flow shower heads and other water efficiency measures
- Other minor repairs as needed (within the program’s budget)
- You must own your home and it must be your primary residence
- You cannot have received other weatherization assistance in the last 5 years
- Your home must have been built prior to the year 2000
- And, you must be income-qualified (see chart below)
|Family Size||Maximum Yearly Income|
*This chart shows the maximum combined income of all household members over 18 that qualifies for the program.
To apply please submit your information below:
Or leave a message at (520) 326-1217 ext. 224.
Giving to Home Energy Plus:
To maintain a sustainable program, we depend on the financial support of others while asking those selected for Home Energy Plus to make a donation and to volunteer 8 hours of their time. Click here for more information on giving to Weatherization.