“My home is the first and only thing I have bought all by myself. I am very proud of it and would never leave it,” said Eduarda who has been living in Tucson’s Sunnyside neighborhood since 1987. Since then, she has raised five children and has completely finished paying off her mortgage. She loves her neighborhood and has always worked hard to take great care of her home. Read the rest of her story here.
A Brush with Kindness –
Neighbors helping neighbors maintain their homes.
The goal of Habitat for Humanity Tucson’s A Brush with Kindness (ABWK) program is to help families maintain the exterior of their homes while bringing volunteers and neighbors together by helping a homeowner in need. Through exterior home repairs, individuals can live in safe, decent homes and restore hope and pride to their community.
Some of the typical services include (but are not limited to):
- Gutter & roof repairs
- Exterior cleanup
- Minor exterior repairs
How we do it:
- Habitat selects partner families based on income, need and willingness to partner. In order to be chosen, families must agree to work alongside neighbors and Habitat volunteers on their home.
- Habitat uses volunteer labor and donated materials to keep costs low.
- We ask homeowners to make a small donation and to volunteer 8 hours of their time to help ABWK be a sustainable program. Click here for more information on giving to ABWK.
*Accommodations will be made for those unable to perform physical work.
In order to qualify for this program:
- You must own your home and it must be your primary residence.
- Your home must be in a neighborhood in which Habitat for Humanity Tucson is building homes (Sunnyside and Flowing Wells neighborhoods, as well as the areas surrounding the Copper Vista and Corazon del Pueblo subdivisions – see on a map).
- And, you must be income-qualified (see chart below).
|Family Size||Maximum Yearly Income||Maximum Monthly Income|
*This chart shows the maximum combined income of all household members over the age of 18.
Apply for A Brush with Kindness:
Or contact us by phone at (520) 326-1217 ext. 219 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support A Brush with Kindness:
There are two ways you can support A Brush with Kindness – through a financial donation or by volunteering side-by-side with homeowners in their neighborhood.
For more information on giving a donation to ABWK click here.